JDi Data is honored to join the ClaimsJournal.com team, and will be providing readers with the monthly column “21st Century Claims Management Best Practices” Head over and read the third article of the series:
Three Stages in the Auto Insurance Claim Process
The first few hours-and days following a vehicle accident are stuffed with stress and honest confusion for most insured drivers. Many yearn for someone to take over the entire process for them. An insurance claims adjuster employing the right approach can provide a calming effect, the needed expertise and sound advice.
Every insured driver that is involved in an auto accident needs to understand that there are commonly six elements of proof that most insurance carriers review and three stages in the auto insurance claims process:
- What the insured tells you, the insurance company;
- The other driver’s perception of how the accident occurred;
- What the police report states happened;
- The eye witnesses testimony;
- The physical damage at the scene;
- Medical records for the treatment of any related injuries.
How your insured handles an auto accident from immediately following the incident, through the First Notice of Loss (FNOL), to the final settlement will be critical in contributing to a quick and fair solution.
Read the full article here – ClaimsJournal.com