This week’s LinkedIn discussion that sparked our interest was in the Insurance Claims Professionals. This groups is intended for individuals who are in the Insurance Claims profession and would like the opportunity to network with other Insurance Claims Professionals.
The discussion of the week post was started by Doug Power Conference Director of the IQPC in Australia
What are the top three challenges faced by Insurance Claims Professionals?
Good Afternoon Group. I am in the early stages of researching our 6th Annual Claims Processing Forum and I am very keen to ensure the event is a real learning opportunity for the industry that covers all the main challenges faced by Insurance Claims Professionals. If you would kindly take the time to let me know your top three challenges I would be most grateful.
From my research some of the challenges and learning areas identified include:
• Enterprise workforce optimization in back office operations
• Utilizing data and analytics
• Automated claims management systems
• Insurance fraud and reduction of claims costs
• Claims Leakage
• Best practice claims processes as a competitive advantage in the industry
• Process improvement and strategies for effective implementation
• Flexible workforce strategies – workforce optimization
• Strategies to resolve large and complex claims whilst retaining customer satisfaction
• Reducing touch points streamlining operations
• Retaining and attracting customers
• Protecting your data and reputation
The answers have excellent eye openers:
Retaining and attracting customers
Insurance fraud and reducing claims costs
Best practice claims processes as a competitive advantage
out of control litigation costs and expert fees
very poor corporate operational and processing policies and the failure to recognize the need for change and/or refusal to make the necessary changes when recognized, inexperienced executives, management and claims representatives, all of which eventually resulting in poor claim decision making, and increased cost
What additional items would you include to this list?