The Mercedes-Benz Corporate 5K took place last Thursday, April 5th, at Huizenga Park. This was our second year participating in the run, wherein JDi Data had 19 participants aptly named “The JDi Dashers.” The event is held annually and is produced by TeamFootworks and sponsored by several companies, chief among them being Mercedes-Benz. Last year, the 5K had over 8,000 participants from 268 different companies, surpassing its previous attendance by a few hundred. The event has continued to grow in size each year, attracting more companies, more participants, and even more CEOs as runners.
This year, the 5K was attended by —- participants of varying skill levels. Everyone tackled the event with enthusiasm, embarking on the 3.1mi run at their own pace. Our top five participants and their times are as follows:
1. J. Fritz – 27:04 (8:42/mi pace)
- Michael Del Fierro – 34:45 (11:10/mi pace)
- Nancy Castillo – 35:20 (11:22/mi pace)
- Jesse Peinado – 35:31 (11:22/mi pace)
- Rosanne Matthews – 40:27 (13:01/mi pace)
- Fritz participated in the Mercedes-Benz Corporate 5K last year. He does not participate in any other large running events and enjoys running at his own leisure, clocking an average of six miles a day, Monday-Saturday.
Melissa Hull, a relatively new member of the JDi Team, participated in her first Corporate Run as part of the JDi Data Dashers. She described the event as “fun” and enjoyed watching the employees from various companies take part. While she, in her opinion, took her time to finish the race, Melissa found joy in simply participating and being around her co-workers.
JDi Data prides itself on not only providing an exceptional product but also making sure our employees are exceptional in both mind and body. With the sedentary nature of our office careers, maintaining sufficient levels of activity is crucial to our well-being and productivity. JDi is more than happy to involve our team in events that give us all one giant endorphin rush!