1. Business is an ecosystem, not a battlefield.
2. A company is a community, not a machine.
3. Management is service, not control.
4. My employees are my peers, not my children.
5. Motivation comes from vision, not from fear.
6. Change equals growth, not pain.
7. Technology offers empowerment, not automation.
8. Work should be fun, not mere toil.
JDi Data can add a few more in like
Knowing that this is also their employees careers too. It’s not all about money, but it also can be about making your employees see how to improve and create meaningful careers for themselves.
Being Accountable.When something goes wrong great leaders step up and acknowledge their part in it and don’t fall into the trap of trying to shift blame elsewhere. Great leaders focus on fixing the problem not fixing blame
Engages And Re-energizes. The very best of bosses help people to see that what they do makes a difference. Giving employees a sense of ownership in their part of the process helps them to regularly make use of their innate talents and strengths.
What other additional characteristics would you add to this list?